Rebecca J Dahl is an American national and international educator, raised in the ranch country of Montana. Rebecca is unique in her profession with a depth and breadth of experiences that can be matched by few. She earned her Master of Science degree with concentrations in psychology, education, and leadership through Montana State University, University of Alaska, and Harvard. Rebecca made the decision to follow career pathways that would provide the opportunity to learn about:
- Learning and learners
- Effect/importance of social, culture, and heritage
- Global and 21st Century implications
- Effectiveness factors of learning environment and success of organizations
The purpose of this approach has been to discover, develop, and implement programs that support and guide the youth and young adults for a life of quality with 21st Century careers for the benefit and value of self, family, community, country, and globally. She continues her studies living in a variety cultures and socio economic conditions including: Fortune 500 families, rural, suburbia, inner city, Native American reservations, Alaska Arctic, Europe, and the Middle East.
Rebecca’s career has encompassed work in the corporate world, government, social agencies, law enforcement, military, entrepreneurial, and in PK-12 schools and university environments. Her education service encompasses PK-12 education, vocational, adult education, and university. She has served as a teacher, counselor, principal, curriculum director, director, university adjunct professor, and developed vocational and adult education programs. She authored “Skills for You” to prepare non-traditional students for university/vocational and the World of Work.
By invitation, Rebecca has served on numerous state and national commissions addressing youth, young adults, education, social issues and business/education partnerships including:
- Governors’ Task Force on Employment Skills – Leading to US Secretary of Commerce SCANS – Secretary’s Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills
- U.S. Congressional Liaison for Education
- NASA Arctic Visit Coordinator
- Colorado Association of Commerce & Industry Education Council,
- State, National and International Accreditation, Inspection, and Improvement Teams
- Curriculum Review/Professional Development Chair
- Educational Reform Task Force
- Education/Business Partnerships
- State-wide Service Learning Board
- Olweus Curriculum Review
- Strategic Plan Committees
- Long-Range Planning Board
- Commission for High Risk Student Options
- Police in the Schools Advisory Council
- Inner City Gang Task Force
Her “teachers” have ranged from those in their early childhood years to adult learners in the public, private, university, vocational, corporate and government sectors.
The world and its people are her “education” and the empowerment of others is her “honorarium”.